The Tanglewood Hillsdale Community Association (THCA) is a wholly owned operating entity of the Tanglewood Hillsdale Residents Association (THRA) INC. The Mission of the THCA is to promote the civic and social interests of residents by:
- Enhancing the quality of life and promoting community spirit.
- Representing the views of its membership, particularly to government and other organizations.
- Participating in charitable, educational and recreational activities.
The community encompasses the area, bounded by the CN tracks to the north, West Hunt Club Road to the south, Merivale Road to the east and Wooddroffe Avenue to the west. click here to see a map
There are currently three classes of membership in the Association:
- Voting Member - an individual, 18 years or older, residing in the community whose has paid the required annual membership fee
- Non-voting Member – a non-resident or corporate entity whose whose has paid the required annual membership fee.
- Honorary Life Member – any individual or corporate entity who in recognition for outstanding service has been granted this membership class by the THCA Board of Directors.
The Operations of the Association are managed by a Board of Directors in accordance with a set of Bylaws approved by the Association Membership.
The community association Hosts/Sponsors/Operates/Manages:
- A variety of Programs and Activities;
- The Tanglewood Park Community Centre (TPCC);
- Several Volunteer Committees that provide an opportunity for members to become involved in shaping the outcomes on issues affecting their homes and community (click here to register as a THCA volunteer).
- Some of these committees are:
- Membership Development;
- Programs & Activities;
- Friends of Tanglewood Park;
- Neighborhood Watch;
- TPCC Management; and
- THCA Executive.
- liaison work with:
- City of Ottawa;
-Federation of Citizen Associations (FCA);
- Crossroads Merchants Association; and
- Neighboring Community Associations
- Social opportunities for members to make new friends and get to know their neighbors.
- Staying Connected the community newsletter that reports on programs, activities and upcoming local events.